We are excited that your child's church, youth group or organization has booked an event/retreat with us. Below are some parent FAQ's:
Please note that the booking organization is in charge of your child's schedule and direct supervision. Many questions will need to be directed to your retreat's organizer or leader.
Can I show up for a tour?
- No. For safety, Lake Retreat is a closed campus. All visits must be prearranged.
Can I show up to say "hi" to my child?
- No, all visitors must prearrange a visit if necessary. This should be done through your retreat's organizer/leader and then they will notify the Lake Retreat staff. A $35 Day Use Fee applies to all visitors except for pick up and drop off.
My child has a dietary need, what should I do?
- Please see Lake Retreat's Food Service Policy and then let your retreat organizer know if your child will need gluten free options, dairy free options or if you will be sending them supplemental food and will need fridge space.
- Your retreat organizer is required to give these counts to Lake Retreat no later than two weeks before the retreat.
What should I pack for my child?
- Toiletries (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Other items listed by your retreat organizer
I want to send my child mail, what should I do?
- First check with your retreat organizer. Some leaders will have specific instructions about how they want to deal with mail.
- If it is ok'd with your group organizer, use the camp's address and include the camper's name, camp name (example: New Heights Camp), AND THE DATE OF THE CAMP (Example: 8/1-8/4).
- Please note that mail may be delayed.
- Please do not send valuables in the mail. Lake Retreat is not responsible for mailed items that are lost, stolen or come after the dates of your camper's retreat.
What should I do about lost & found?
- If you suspect your child has left something at Lake Retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your item(s), what room your child stayed in, and your contact information.
- If we find it, we will contact you. You can arrange a time to pick it up at our office or we can ship it to you for a $25 fee, plus postage.
- We do not keep lost & found items beyond two weeks.
- Lake Retreat Camp is not responsible for lost & found or stolen items.
- We recommend leaving items of value (sentimental or monetary) at home.
Should I send extra money with my child?
- Lake Retreat has some extra cost activities that may or may not have been booked by your retreat organizer. Please contact your retreat organizer for specifics about your child's retreat.
What is Lake Retreat doing about pest control?
- Lake Retreat employs a variety of preventative and treatment measures as well as professional help to assist with pest control. For more detail see Pest Control Info.
What should I know about the waterfront?
- Lake Retreat Camp supplies the lifeguards at the waterfront.
- Lifejackets are provided for boating and other activities.
- The dock is closed when Lake Retreat lifeguards are not present.
- A swim test is given to all guests. If a swimmer cannot pass the test, they can still use the boats and shallow end.
- Here is a complete list of our Waterfront Rules
Does Lake Retreat provide a nurse or first aid supplies?
- No. As specified in the contract, each guest group is required to provide its own designated, first aid person/nurse and first aid supplies.
- Please see your group coordinator for procedures for sending medication, etc.
- If there is an emergency at the waterfront while it is open, Lake Retreat lifeguards will be the first responders.