We are so excited that your church, youth group or organization has booked an event at Lake Retreat Camp. Below are some helpful Guest/Camper FAQ's.
What should I bring?
- Toiletries (toothbrush, soap, shampoo, etc.)
- Other items listed by your retreat organizer
I have a dietary need, what should I do?
- Please see Lake Retreat's Food Service Policy and then let your retreat organizer know if you will need gluten free options, dairy free options or if you will be packing supplemental food and will need fridge space. (Two weeks notice required)
What should I know about parking?
- Main Parking is located in the gravel parking lot at the entrance of the camp.
- Okerson Lodge has additional, designated parking.
- Although you can unload/load, there is no parking along the main area of campus (on top of the hill).
- Please do not park in Fire Lanes and obey all parking signs.
What time should I arrive at camp?
- Your retreat organizer should specify a check-in time for your group.
- If you come earlier than the designated time, you will be directed to wait and relax in our Fireside Lounge until your leader has checked in and your accommodations are prepared.
Is there a noise curfew?
- Yes. Lake Retreat has a strict 10 PM noise curfew in order to be considerate to our neighbors on the lake.
- All sound after 10 PM should be contained to inside of a building.
Do you have wifi?
- Yes (although it is not guaranteed), we have wifi in most buildings on campus except for Okerson Lodge. Your retreat organizer will be given the password and can give it out if they would like to.
Can I bring my pet to camp?
- No. Pets are not allowed at Lake Retreat.
What should I do about lost & found?
- If you suspect you left something at Lake Retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your item(s), what room you stayed in, and your contact information.
- If we find it, we will contact you. You can arrange a time to pick it up at our office or we can ship it to you for a $25 fee, plus postage.
- We do not keep lost & found items beyond two weeks.
- Lake Retreat Camp is not responsible for lost & found or stolen items.
- We recommend leaving items of value (sentimental or monetary) at home.
Are there other rules that I should know about?
- Please follow all posted signs
- Please pick up your trash and put it into a trash bin
- Please do not move or remove any mattresses
- Please leave pets, candles, alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes, weapons, and illegal substances at home
- Please stay off the dock unless a Lake Retreat lifeguard is on duty
What is the cell coverage like?
- Most carriers work well at Lake Retreat except for T-Mobile.
What should I know about the waterfront?
- Lake Retreat Camp supplies the lifeguards at the waterfront during the summer season.
- Lifejackets are provided for boating and other activities.
- The dock is closed when Lake Retreat lifeguards are not on duty.
- A swim test is given to all guests. If a swimmer cannot pass the test, they can still use the boats and shallow end.
- Here is a complete list of our Waterfront Rules
What is Lake Retreat doing about pest control?
- Lake Retreat employs a variety of preventative and treatment measures as well as professional help to assist with pest control. For more detail see Pest Control Info.