Group Coordinator FAQ's
Thank you for booking an event at Lake Retreat. Below are some helpful FAQ's as you plan for your retreat:
What do I need to communicate to my campers, guests and staff?
- Arrival time/departure time
- What to bring
- Which building they should go to when they arrive
- 10 PM noise curfew. In order to be considerate to our neighbors on the lake, all sound after 10 PM should be contained to inside of a building.
- Leave all pets, alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes, candles, weapons and illegal substances at home
- Follow all posted signs
- Pick up your trash and put it into a trash can
- Do not move or remove any mattresses
- If applicable, here is a list of our Waterfront Rules
- Main Parking is located in the gravel parking lot at the entrance of the camp.
- Okerson Lodge has additional, designated parking.
- Although you can unload/load, there is no parking along the main area of campus (on top of the hill).
- Please obey all parking signs and avoid fire lanes.
A guest/camper has a dietary need, what should I do?
- Please see and share with that guest/camper Lake Retreat's Food Service Policy and then let us know if they will need gluten free options, dairy free options or if they will be bringing supplemental food and will need fridge space. (Two weeks notice required)
- Please give the total number of guests needing gluten free options, diary free options or those needing fridge space TWO WEEKS BEFORE YOUR RETREAT.
- A second count will be due one week before your retreat.
I would like to schedule an activity, what should I do?
- Activities can be scheduled with a minimum of two weeks notice.
- Depending on the activity, you may need to instruct your guests/campers to bring additional money.
- For options, details and pricing, visit our Activities Page.
- Waterfront is included from 1-4 PM on each FULL day that you stay with us during the summer season.
What should I do (as the retreat coordinator) when I arrive at Lake Retreat?
- Go to the office for check-in. Your host's name and number will be posted on the door.
- At check-in, you will be asked for payment and will go through our check-in process.
What are your meal times?
- Fall/Winter/Spring Meal Times: 8:00 AM, 12 PM and 5 PM (6:30 PM Friday Dinner)
- Summer Meal Times: 8 AM, 12 PM and 5 PM (If your group has exclusive use, you may request to adjust these times)
- Please make every effort to have your group to meals on time.
Is there a waiver that camper/guests need to fill out?
- Yes, please have your guests/campers fill out our Activity Waiver and Photo Release
Does Lake Retreat provide a nurse or first aid supplies?
- No. As specified in the contract, each group must provide its own designated, first aid person/nurse and first aid supplies.
- Please instruct your guests/campers on procedures for medication etc.
- If there is an emergency at the waterfront while it is open, Lake Retreat lifeguards will be the first responders.
Do you have wifi?
- There is password protected wifi (although not guaranteed) in most of Lake Retreat's buildings except for Okerson Lodge.
- You will get the wifi password at check-in. It is up to you if you want to give that out to your guests/campers.
- We recommend downloading anything that you would need in order to avoid any inconvenience.
I have a guest who only wants to come for a day, what should I do?
- Day Use guests can be added if you have met your minimum guest count (Day Use guests do not count toward your minimum).
- The Day Use Fee is $35/person/day
- This fee includes up to 3 meals on the same day regardless of the number of meals served or eaten
- Please give the Day Use guest count along with the total guest count two weeks before and again one week before your retreat.
What is Lake Retreat's Technology Policy?
- Lake Retreat Camp does not charge a technology fee and, thereby, does not guarantee any sound equipment or technology, and do not supply sound/tech support. We are happy to loan out our equipment, but if there is something that you know you will need, please plan to bring it along with you to avoid any inconvenience.
What is the sound/technology set up in the meeting space?
- Each meeting space is different but most have either a projector/screen or large screen TV.
- If your meeting space has a sound system then it will be set up with one microphone and mic. cord. All other equipment should be brought with you (i.e. extra mics, cords, instruments, laptop, connectors, etc.)
- For more info about your meeting space, contact us at email@example.com.
What should I do about lost & found?
- If you suspect you have left something at Lake Retreat, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your item(s), what room you stayed in, and your contact information.
- If we find it, we will contact you. You can arrange a time to pick it up at our office or we can ship it to you for a $25 fee, plus postage.
- We do not keep lost & found items beyond two weeks.
- Lake Retreat Camp is not responsible for lost & found or stolen items.
- We recommend leaving items of value (sentimental or monetary) at home.
What is the cell coverage like?
- Most carriers work well at Lake Retreat except for T-Mobile.
What is Lake Retreat doing about pest control?
- Lake Retreat employs a variety of preventative and treatment measures as well as professional help to assist with pest control. For more detail see Pest Control Info.
Do you have lifeguards at the waterfront?
- Yes, Lake Retreat Camp supplies the lifeguards at the waterfront during the summer season.
- Lifejackets are provided for boating and other activities.
- The dock is closed when Lake Retreat lifeguards are not on duty.
- A swim test is given to all guests. If a swimmer cannot pass the test, they can still use the boats and shallow end.
- Here is a list of our Waterfront Rules